Sunday, November 28, 2010

A swap


I love online swaps. There's something liberating about making things for other people who you don't really know - you get to work outside your comfort zone with pretty much no fear. Cool :)

I made this little quilted place mat for a Flickr swap. It's unlike anything else I've ever made, and I love it. The appliqué was cut by hand out of black cotton fused to steam a seam, then sewn to a pieced background (the idea was to go for a sunset look).

It's currently flying all the way to the west coast. I hope it makes it there soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely beautiful! You should consider not just swapping, but also selling! I would pay big bucks for such a treasure. Maybe start up a little store on Etsy... I'd be a customer for sure. Keep up the gorgeous work!